Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Season is a Time ... and a Process

I am reminded this time of year every season how we start to see our team take shape. We see guys fitting into roles. We always have some surprises and some twists and turns along the way. Through our scheduling, preparation, and deliberate work, we invariably improve and are playing about our best baseball when we get to the end of the season.

However, this year's team has had to battle through more injuries than any I have seen in my nine years of coaching the Mustangs. So, it makes embracing the process that much more important.

With a lot of young players ... new players .... and players recovering from injuries ... players playing new positions ... broken bones in multiple players ... it's been a little topsy-turvy around here.

But we are making it and I see us getting better.

When I see adversity like we have, I see a real opportunity. I really do. I see us on the precipice of doing some great things.

And we get there one day ... one game ... one practice ... one pitch ... one play at a time.

See you on the field,